Graduate Outcomes Survey
This page provides guidance to HEIs on how the survey should be carried out. The current iteration of the survey relates to graduates of 2020, to be surveyed in 2021. The guidance on this page includes:
General survey documentation
- Graduate Outcomes Survey Class of 2017 report
- Graduate Outcomes Survey Class of 2018 report
- The 2021 survey (graduates of 2020)
- The 2021 survey (graduates of 2020) code book
- Guidance for HEIs (2021): This document sets out the survey timeframe, survey administration, occupation and sector coding and items required for a response.
- Cohort to be surveyed (2021): This document sets out the graduates who are to receive the survey, based on the data submitted to the HEA’s student records system (SRS). It also sets out the approach to coding of continuing graduates.
- Data items (2021): This document lists the data items for return to the HEA.
Data protection guidance
- Data protection and student notice 2020/21
- Upload instructions 2021
- Opening date for the upload portal is 1 July here
- Closing date for the upload portal is 10 September
- See Upload Instructions 2021 for more information
- XSD file for validation 2021
More information on the survey can be found here and we can be contacted at graduatesurvey [at] hea [dot] ie.