Springboard+ guidance counsellors for 2021 free phone helpline
The HEA is seeking applications from experienced guidance counsellors for a temporary telephone helpline to support potential Springboard+ participants in 2021.
Two positions will be filled for a period of approximately 5 months on a contract basis.
Applicants must be available during the period from 1st June – 30th October (please note these dates are indicative and will be confirmed at a later stage once the 2021 programmes have been launched for application).
Due to the restriction of movement as a result of COVID 19 the helpline will be operated out of the home of the successful applicants. They will be supported by the Springboard+ team in this regard.
The working hours will be from Monday-Friday (with the exception of public holidays) and from 09.00-17.00 each day.
• A qualification in career guidance
• Relevant work experience, prior experience of working with adults returning to education would be a particular advantage.
• Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of education and training options for jobseekers. An ability to quickly master knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the Springboard+ initiative, including the relevant Department of Social Protection supports for unemployed jobseekers.
• An ability to work as part of a small team.
• Excellent computer literacy with experience of using MS Office and information management software.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Operate a telephone helpline which provides callers with comprehensive, impartial advice and guidance on Springboard+ education options.
• Disseminate information and a referral service on other education and training options besides Springboard+, to include full-time further and higher education, training, internship/work placement and career options.
• Respond to email queries from current and perspective Springboard+ students.
• Operate a text and call-back service.
• Maintain a database of calls and requests for information/guidance.
• Develop and collate case studies of callers.
• Evaluate the reach and impact of the helpline and submit a report to the HEA at the end of the contract period.
• Prior to closing down of the helpline, carry out follow up queries with callers.
• Undertake other duties as may be assigned.
Remuneration will be €30,884 linked to point 1 on the Executive Officer Public Service scale (pro rata).
Interested persons should submit by email a Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) and a short cover letter stating why they believe they should be offered the position to email@example.com. Any question in relation to the posts should be addressed to this email address.
The closing date for applications is no later than 4pm on Monday 24th May. Applications cannot be considered after this time.
Higher Education Authority