The HEA is seeking applications from experienced guidance counsellors for a temporary telephone helpline to support potential Springboard+ participants in 2018.
Two positions will be filled for a period of 5 months on a contract basis.
Applicants must be available during the period from 14th May – 19th October (please note these dates are indicative and will be confirmed at a later stage).
The location for the helpline will be in Dublin city, venue to be confirmed.
The working hours will be from Monday-Friday (with the exception of public holidays) and from 09.00-17.00 each day.
- A qualification in career guidance
- Relevant work experience, prior experience of working with adults returning to education would be a particular advantage.
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of education and training options for jobseekers. An ability to quickly master knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the Springboard+ initiative, including the relevant Social Protection supports for unemployed jobseekers
- An ability to work as part of a small team
- Excellent computer literacy with experience of using MS Office and information management software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Operate a telephone helpline which provides callers with comprehensive, impartial advice and guidance on Springboard education options
- Disseminate information and a referral service on other education and training options besides Springboard+ full-time further and higher education, training, internship/work placement and career options
- Respond to email queries from current and perspective Springboard+ students.
- Operate a text and call-back service
- Maintain a database of calls and requests for information/guidance
- Develop and collate case studies of callers
- Evaluate the reach and impact of the helpline and submit a report to the HEA at the end of the contract period
- Prior to closing down of the helpline, carry out follow up queries with callers
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned
Remuneration will be linked to the Executive Officer Public Service scale (pro rata).
Interested persons should submit by email a Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) and a short cover letter stating why they believe they should be offered the position to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is no later than 5pm Wednesday 30th May 2018. Applications cannot be considered after this time.