‘Making an Impact 2019’ Finalists Announced
By Maura O'Shea
Posted: 25 November, 2019
The five finalists who will compete to win two prizes of €2,500 each at The Lighthouse Cinema in Dublin on the 4th December have been announced.
This is the 11th year of the research communication competition run the Higher Education Authority . The standard of entries was very high and the range of subjects varied.
The finalists are –
- Claudette Pretorius – University College Dublin – ‘Searching’ for Your Mental Health –
- Liudmila Khokhlova – Tyndall National Institute – University College Cork – Making Knee Care Smarter
- Jamie Rohu – Trinity College Dublin – Sustainable bogs: Challenges in transition
- Mohit Taneja – Waterford Institute Of Technology – SmartHerd – An IoT AI-Based System and Method for Early Lameness Detection in Dairy Cattle
- Clíodhna Bairéad – University College Dublin – Homelessness Pathways in Dublin –