The Higher Education Authority (HEA) plays a lead role in ensuring that the higher education and research system delivers the outcomes necessary for graduates, the economy and wider Irish society. The HEA is also responsible for advising the Minister for Education and Skills on higher education policy in teaching, learning and research.
The Higher Education Authority is responsible annually for funding in excess of €1.1 bn, and therefore accordingly requires access to the skills of a professional accountant who is in a position to provide a detailed analysis of the funding situation of the higher education institutions. Within this role, the appointee will be tasked with supporting oversight of the funding of higher education institutions, and ensuring that the HEA continues to be in a position to ensure accountability for the significant level of state investment involved. This is a senior role within the HEA, with overall responsibility for both the design and implementation of a new financial and management system between the HEA and institutions, and overall management of the HEA’s accountancy and audit functions.
The successful candidate should have:
• Evidence of full membership of a prescribed accountancy body supervised by the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority;
• 7 years of senior post-qualification experience in a large complex organisation with multiple stakeholders, as relevant to the role;
• Experience in implementation of financial management information systems;
• A strong understanding of national and EU procurement guidelines.
Further information on this role is available at www.mazars.ie (Search Ref. HEA0217)
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400
Applications to be submitted online to www.mazars.ie/Consulting/HRServices and must include:
1. A cover letter outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position of Management Accountant
2. A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of the HEA.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to the HEA.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25th September at 5pm GMT.
The HEA is an equal opportunities employer.