Director, Irish Research Council
The mission of the Irish Research Council is to enable and sustain a vibrant research community in Ireland by supporting excellent researchers across all disciplines and career stages. Operating under the aegis of the Higher Education Authority, the Council manages a suite of interrelated schemes valued at approximately €100m, funding research across all career stages from Postgraduate to Principal Investigator level.
The Director of the Irish Research Council will be responsible to the Council for implementation of the Workplan including Council funding programmes and other initiatives and to the Chief Executive of the HEA in relation to funding and staffing matters having regard to the latter’s responsibility as accounting officer in the HEA. This position is a senior role within the HEA with direct responsibility for the development and implementation of policies, preparation of the strategic plan and engaging with Government Ministers and the Department of Education and Skills to secure funding for associated programmes.
The successful candidate should have:
• A recognised level 9 qualification (or higher);
• 5+ years’ experience of achievement in a senior position managing a diverse portfolio of competitive research funding programmes;
• Strong operational experience in the design, rollout and management of competitive funding calls;
• Experience of policy development in the research domain;
• Experience in collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, including the international domain;
• A genuine interest in, and appreciation of the importance of higher education and research and of the role of the IRC and HEA.
Further information on this role is available at www.mazars.ie (Search Ref. HEA0117)
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400
Applications to be submitted online at www.mazars.ie/Consulting/HRServices and must include:
1. A cover letter outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position of Director, Irish Research Council;
2. A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of the HEA.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to the HEA.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25th September at 5pm GMT.
The HEA/IRC is an equal opportunities employer.